Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Poetry in the Limelight...for today

I dug out the play of words from the comments on the last post... It demands to be upheld for bloggers' pleasures.... Let's not post poetry as a comment :)

Albatross:

Here is something from my college days...
Thinking about the years going by
Could there be a reason why
So many people that I know
But so few that I really know
So many of wishes for everyone
But so few thoughts about anyone
Would I ever make it to the the point where
The sea meets it's favorate river...
Nights after night...

SiD:

can't resist, here's one of mine from the college days.

crawling out of the hole
all battered & bruised
waiting to be run over by a freak train
i pop my head out
eyes closed
and hear the sound of birds instead
of the river that flows in the distance
the wind that carries with it
the smell of orchids,
i slowly open my eyes
finding myself in heaven!
am i dead or alive i wonder.
does it matter, i smile...

There a lot of hidden talent....here

3 Comments:

Blogger SiD said...

as long as we're talking poetry, lets not forget one of the true greats!
he calls himseld a singer, but he's more of a poet then any other person out there.
here's to "Bob Dylan". A true great.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Me_Mumbling said...

Sid, When i read and re-read your poem...it gives me the "Illusion" (Richard Bach) and "the Catcher in the Rye" feel...Is that fair? Did you like either of these?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:00:00 AM  
Blogger SiD said...

well if it does then its completely unintentional. i do like both but happened to read them a lot after writing this.
if you're comparing my work to theirs *i'm flattered* but must point out that we're talking about totally different universes wrt their work and mine.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home